Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation, and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education. According to the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), every accredited institution of higher education should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. It ensures the efficiency and effectiveness of measures are taken/methods used to provide high-quality education and evaluates the degree to which each task is fulfilled. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work toward the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The primary objective of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- The Proposes that was every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the
required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related
themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of
maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
The work of the IQAC is the first step towards internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives. Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation in all the constituents of the institution. It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or a record-keeping exercise in the institution. It will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system/unit/organ of the institution. It has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering in quality enhancement by working out planned interventionist strategies by IQAC to remove deficiencies and enhance quality like the “Quality Circles” in industries.
Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for :
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are :
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the institution’s various academic and administrative activities.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, and seminars on quality-related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.